Admire the most beautiful places of Orvieto and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
Interesting building built in the early middle ages and then rebuilt in the 15th century. XII by the Benedictines. The urine of French Premonstratensians, succeeded in 1220 to the Benedictines. he expanded the Abbey to the North, in the style of Romanesque-Gothic style.
La cappella di San Brizio, o cappella Nova, si trova nel transetto destro del duomo di Orvieto. È celebre per il ciclo di affreschi con Storie degli ultimi giorni, avviato nelle vele da Beato Angelico e Benozzo Gozzoli nel 1447 e completato da Luca Signorelli nel 1499-1502.
Per l'originalità spaziale e iconografica e per la singolarità del tema, la cappella costituisce un unicum nell'arte.
San Domenico is a church in Orvieto, Umbria, central Italy.
It was begun in 1233, a few years after St. Dominic's death, and it is one of the first churches of the Dominican Order. The edifice had a nave and two aisles; what remains today are only the apse and the transept, after most of the church was demolished in 1932 to house the Female Academy of Gymnastics.
The church is notable for housing the desk used by St. Thomas of Aquino for his lessons at Orvieto during his sojourn in the city (1263–1264), as well as the Monument to Cardinal De Braye, sculpted by Arnolfo di Cambio around 1282. As p
Orvieto Cathedral (Italian: Duomo di Orvieto; Cattedrale di Santa Maria Assunta) is a large 14th-century Roman Catholic cathedral dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin Mary and situated in the town of Orvieto in Umbria, central Italy. Formerly the episcopal seat of the Diocese of Todi, it has been since 1986 that of the Diocese of Orvieto-Todi.
The building was constructed under the orders of Pope Urban IV to commemorate and provide a suitable home for the Corporal of Bolsena, a miracle which is said to have occurred in 1263 in the nearby town of Bolsena, when a travelling priest who had do
Claudio Faina Museum and Civic Archaeological Museum The Museo Claudio Faina and the Museo Civico Archeologico are hosted inside Palazzo Faina, located in Piazza Duomo, in Orvieto. The place was built in the mid 1800s over the old structure of the house of the Monaldeschi, a 13th century family that was among the wealthiest in Orvieto. In the 19th century Count Claudio Faina Senior acquired the palace, and moved his private family art collection—previously kept in his residence of Perugia—there. The building became the seat of the Museum in 1954, when Claudio Junior, the last heir, left all h