Admire the most beautiful places of Terni and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
The Art Collection of the Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Terni and Narni. A community heritage that comes from "chests" of palazzo Leoni Malik to be known by all. Some of the exhibited works are the result of targeted acquisitions of antiquities market Foundation for the safeguard and protection of the artistic heritage mainly locally; others, however, derive from acquisitions that the Bank has turned from 1846 to 1992 before the demerger by the Foundation. The exhibition is spread over two floors of the 16th-century palazzo, in respect of the usual placement also most works. The choice of p
Roman Amphitheater The Anfiteatro Romano of the town of Terni stands in the same neighborhood as the Duomo, i.e. the area less affected by modern time-transformations. Located in the southwestern fringe of the urban area, it is the best-preserved monument from the Roman period in town, and is still a work of excavation in progress. Notwithstanding the overlapping of medieval and modern structures—the Archbishop and Curia complex of buildings and the former-Church of the Madonna del Carmine—the Roman edifice dedicated to games and performances still preserves its remarkable—10 meter high, 98,5
The State archive of Terni, established in 1957, by 2002 is based in Palazzo Mazzancolli, prestigious noble residence Mazzancolli family. The Palace was built in the mid 15th century by Giovanni Mazzancolli, cultured and powerful character of the Roman curia, nephew of Ludwig, Bishop of Terni, in the first half of the 15th century. After the extinction of the family in the 15th century. XVII, the building went through a long period of decline. In the 19th century it was used first as a spinning mill, then as a pawnshop. Acquired by the national fascist Party was restored by architect. Gaetano
Carsulae Archaeological Park The Parco Archeologico di Carsulae includes the ruins of the Roman Municipium— town in Latin—of Carsulae, which sprang up on the sides of the ancient road Via Flaminia, near the small town of San Gemini, a locality that has been well known for its mineral water springs since antiquity. In this rich and active old center, designed during the Augustan ages, the remnants of the main public, civil and religious monuments are still visible: the Curia and the Gemini Temples—overlooking the Forum—the Basilica, the Theater and the Amphitheater. The latter is positioned al
The Marmore waterfall is a waterfall flow controlled, among the highest in Europe, relying on a gradient of 165 m, divided into three jumps. It is located about 7.5 km away from Terni, in Umbria, near the end of the Valnerina, the long Valley carved out by the river Nera. The name comes from the calcium salts present on the rocks that are similar to white marble.
With the assistance of the C.I.A. V (Valnerina Environment Initiatives Centre), arose in the Collestatte documentation of the protected natural Area of the Parco Fluviale del Nera, including ornithological Museum sections and Mycological. Designed by the Park Authority, the Center, built inside the halls of Palazzo Magalotti, is the first example of naturalistic Museum of our province. Arranged on two levels, inside you can admire a rich collection of stuffed birds, representing both local species by species, including the tawny owl, Melanistic from abnormal pigmentation; and reproductions in
“Ugo Ciotti” Visiting and Documentation Center - Carsulae To the south of the archaeological area of Carsulae, the Centro Visita e Documentazione “Ugo Ciotti” has been in place since 2001. In large part, it displays uncommon material, result of the activity of research brought forward by the archaeologist Ugo Ciotti, between 1951 and 1972. While some parts of the structure are reserved for studying and documenting the southern territory of Umbria, in others the images and descriptions of the ancient town as they relate to the exhibited finds are displayed. Apart from proposing the tour itiner
Church of St. Francis (13th century), in Gothic style. The Church has been altered several times over the centuries. The central part of the façade has a Gothic portal surmounted by a round window, while the sides are from the 15th century. The apse and Bell Tower, decorated with mullioned Windows, by Angelo da Orvieto. Inside is of considerable interest is the chapel paradises, decorated with frescoes depicting Dante di Bartolomeo di Tommaso (15th century).