Admire the most beautiful places of Padova and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
The Pontifical Basilica of Saint Anthony of Padua is one of the main Catholic places of worship in the city of Padua, in the Veneto region. Is commonly called Basilica del Santo or simply Saint.
Known simply as Santo, Padua is one of the largest churches in the world, it contains the relics of St. Anthony of Padua.
The current presbytery is dominated by the high altar designed by Camillo Boito, but that has nothing of the great altar designed and erected by Donatello. Always Donatello is the equestrian monument of Gattamelata hosted in the square outside the Basilica.
The Scrovegni Chapel, dedicated to St. Mary of the Charity, frescoed between 1303 and 1305 by Giotto, upon the commission of Enrico degli Scrovegni, is one of the most important masterpieces of Western art. The frescoes, which narrate events in the lives of the Virgin Mary and Christ, cover the entire walls. On the wall opposite the altar is the grandiose Universal Judgment, which concludes the story of human salvation.
It is the largest square of the city of Padua and among the largest in Italy and Europe. The current configuration dates from the late 18th century and is characterized by an elliptical central island, called isola Memmia, surrounded by a channel on which is a double ring of statues.
A new structure of the vegetation of the island allowed the area to be used by a large number of young people, especially in the summer months as a venue for study or outdoor sunbathing. The increase of public lighting has also enabled the evening use, especially in summer, when the island is crowded with guys such
The Basilica of Santa Maria Assunta Cathedral stands in between the imposing palazzo episcopale and the compact mass of the Baptistery.
The baptistery of the Cathedral, dedicated to St. John the Baptist, is a church located next to the Cathedral in Padua. Inside one of the most important fresco cycles delXIV century masterpiece by Giusto de Menabuoi.
The palazzo della Ragione was the ancient seat of the courts citizens of Padova. The upper floor is occupied by the largest Cabinet in the world, called "Salon" (size 81 m for 27 and has a height of 27 meters) with wooden ship's hull. Part of the Palazzo Comunale di Padova.
In the lounge you can Reproach stone, on which the insolvent debtors were forced to beat three times in the buttocks after he stripped (the practice is at the origin of the term remain in braghe de tea).
At one of the four corners of the building, in the outer wall are carved some units that were used by merchants to avoid
Piazza dei Signori and Piazza della Signoria is one of many squares that characterise the historic city centre of Padua. It was for centuries the scene of civic celebrations, tournaments and representative of the city space compared to the largest squares of fruit and Herbs that they had more commercial proclivities. The square is dominated by the famous clock tower. Also notable is the Loggia del Consiglio (or Loggia della Gran Guardia) Renaissance building.
The astronomical clock overlooking the square is the reproduction of the original tower place mechanism the southern gate
Piazza delle Erband also called Piazza delle Biade or Wine but also square Piazza della Giustizia is one of many squares that characterise the historic centre of Padua. Was for centuries, with Piazza della Frutta, the commercial center of the city. In the two squares takes one of the biggest markets of Italy.
We also overlooks the Palace of Proper, the area formerly occupied by the prison (Carcer Novus, later said the appropriate Prison) where they were locked in debtors insolvent.
Frutta square called Piazza del Peronio is one of many squares that characterise the historic centre of Padua.
The Basilica of Santa Giustina is an important place of Catholic worship of Padua, located in Prato della Valle.
Before 1000, the annexed monastery was place of worship from first Episcopal dependency and then was assigned to a community of Benedictine monks who made it an important Abbey. In the 15th century it was the site of major reform of the Abbot Louis Barbel which led to the founding of the cassinese congregation. Until the Napoleonic invasion was one of the major abbeys of Christianity and the basilica, rebuilt in the 16th century, is still one of the largest buildings in the world.