Admire the most beautiful places of Treviso and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
built in the early 14th century by Domenicanigrazie to 70,000 florins left Treviso by Pope Benedict XI, is the largest church in the city, surpassing even the Duomo. In the adjoining convent, today seat of the seminary is an important cycle of frescoes by Tomaso da Modena. Noteworthy are the depictions of Hugh of Saint-Cher and Nicholas of Rouen, believed to be the first paintings to bring goggles, respectively and a magnifying glass.
Its origins date back to the early Christian age (VI century), while the current building was built in neoclassical style by Andrea Memmo and Giannantonio Selva, following the design of architect Carlos Giordano Riccati. In piazza del Duomo are the Church of St. John the Baptist, now used as the baptistery, and the Bishop's Palace.
The Fontana Delle Tette is an old fountain carved of Treviso, which under the rule of the Venetian Republic pours white and red wine during special celebrations. The names translates into English as "The Fountain of Tits". It features a topless woman squeezing her breasts and water (representing breast milk) coming out of her nipples.
The Fontana Delle Tette was built in 1559 on the orders of Alvise Da Ponte, at the time mayor of the Republic of Venice as a result of a severe drought that struck the city of Treviso and the surrounding countryside. Originally the statue was placed inside the Pra
The symbol of political power took over from nobles and Knights in the period of the free city, the Loggia dei Cavalieri is an example of Treviso's Romanesque influenced by Byzantine elegance with. It was built under the podesteria of Giacomo da Perugia (1276) as a place of meetings, conversations, games.
The Treviso's Ethnographical Museum is located in "Case Piavone", a 17th century building. It is managed by "Gruppo FolcloristicoTrevigiano" and by the provincial administration. The main purposes of the museum are to preserve, to safeguard and to enhance the traditional heritage of Treviso's area. The conserved items are important for the economy, work, daily life, folklore, dialect, habits of this area's community.
In October 2011, the museum will host the exhibition "Veneto and Dolomites' Ancient carnival masks and rites" curated by Gianluigi
The square forms the heart of the city and its cultural, social and historical. East of the square is the Palazzo dei Trecento or della Ragione, built in the 12th century, formerly the seat of the great Council. A scar on the outside walls of the building recalls the significant damage in 1944, during the bombing of Treviso. Currently kept under the loggia of the Palazzo dei Trecento is the Fontana delle Tette, na old fountain sculpted by Treviso, which under the rule of the Republic of Venice clipped white and red wine for special celebrations.
To the North are the Palazzo del Podestà (late