Extensive
B 10 °

Discover 3 places to see in Extensive

Admire the most beautiful places of Extensive and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.


TRIP

CATHEDRAL OF ST. JOSEPH

Founded long ago, the church and the Franciscan convent adjoining (which does not exist anymore), was re-built for the first time in 1293, then again after the Turkish invasion in 1566, and finally in 1890. The white stone façade still shows its thirteenth-century aspect, with a magnificent slightly ogival and bordered portal. The frame of the rose-window is the original one, but the radiating mullions are the result of a later re-construction. After the last intervention the church consists of a single nave at Latin cross and ogival arches. Inside there is a refined triptych representing the


See details


TRIP

CHURCH OF SANTA MARIA MAGGIORE


Built in the eleventh century, the church was heavily damaged by the Turkish invaders in 1566 and later by a fire in 1645. In the Eighties of the eighteenth century the church was re-built in brick and enlarged, so as to acquire an imposing aspect; nevertheless the façade kept the massive belfry, erected in the fourteenth century, as the hanging arches prove. The interior is well-lit and airy and consists of one single nave covered with vaults and a cupola. It preserves the relic of the Sacred Thorn, a fifteenth-century monstrance by Nicola from Guardiagrele and precious canvases, among which


See details


TRIP

PALAZZO D'AVALOS-CIVIC MUSEUMS

The palace, situated more than one hundred meters above the town, overlooks the coast of Vasto, like a monolith of white squared stone. Located behind the Cathedral and on the edge between the two parts of the old town, the Roman settlement and the Medieval township, the palace was founded by the military leader and lord of Vasto Giacomo Caldora, probably in the Twenties of the fifteenth century. Not much remains of the original aspect: the overall plan, centered on a wide central yard and few traces of the external walls. Nevertheless the extant mullioned window with two lights and the remain


See details