Pens
B 5 °

Discover 4 places to see in Pens

Admire the most beautiful places of Pens and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.


TRIP

SAN AGUSTIN CHURCH

The mullioned windows on the two sides of the church are remains of the original thirteenth-century structure, whereas the façade was re-built in 1959-60 after the bombardment of 1944. The high belfry replicates the typology which Antonio da Lodi brought to the Abruzzi in the second half of the fifteenth century: he added to the tower an octagonal spire, adorned with polychrome ceramic insets. Inside, in the middle of eighteenth-century adornments, a big sixteenth-century fresco stands out, depicting a crowed scene of crucifixion, remarkable example of the late Gothic tradition in the Abruzzi.


See details


TRIP

CATHEDRAL OF SAN MASSIMO


The main church of the town was founded certainly before the beginning of the eleventh century on Roman ruins, probably a pagan building. In the centuries it experienced several adjustments, until the recent ruinous ones in 1905, made even worse by the repair works of 1955, after the violent bombardment in 1944. Outside the massive fourteenth-century bell-tower stands out. It is made of brick and surrounded at the top by Gothic little arches interlacing with each other. The Baroque ornaments added in 1660 were removed, so that today the church shows inside parts of its fourteenth-century Gothi


See details


TRIP

MUSEO ARCHEOLOGICO CIVICO-DIOCESANO ' G. B. LAL '

The museum was instituted in 1971 and installed in 1983 in a few rooms of San Massimo Cathedral. The collection includes a notable quantity and variety of items related to the heritage of the ancient diocese of Penne. The archaeological department comprises inscriptions and decorative fragments. Among the most interesting sections of the museum there are the hall centered on medieval sculpture, with several eleventh and twelfth-century bas -reliefs, and the one reserved to the master Matteo Capro de Neapoli, who worked also in Atri and in Isola del Gran Sasso.


See details


TRIP

NATURALISTIC MUSEUM ' DE LION '

The museum was instituted in 1971 and installed in 1983 in a few rooms of San Massimo Cathedral. The collection includes a notable quantity and variety of items related to the heritage of the ancient diocese of Penne. The archaeological department comprises inscriptions and decorative fragments. Among the most interesting sections of the museum there are the hall centered on medieval sculpture, with several eleventh and twelfth-century bas -reliefs, and the one reserved to the master Matteo Capro de Neapoli, who worked also in Atri and in Isola del Gran Sasso.


See details