The Church of s. Maria della Stella, patron saint of Militello in Val di Catania together with SS. Salvatore of the Church of St. Nicholas, is one of the most vivid examples of late Baroque militellese, due to the reconstruction immediately after the tragic earthquake of 1693.
The treasure, it proceeds in adjoining rooms to the right aisle of the Sanctuary, houses the rich sacred heritage of the parish, with works from the 17th to the 20th century.
Besides a collection of pottery of ancient Greece and the high relief of the nymph Zizza, the Museum has an outstanding collection of calls ranging from 600 to the Anglo-American occupation. Thanks to a recent acquisition also owns prestigious collections of paintings of 800 and ' 900, which is a Recognized, in addition to works of local Masters Sebastian Joseph Guzzone Baron and Santo Marino.