Housed in the "Swabian Castle", a tower in the city walls, the artefacts VI-IV century b.c., from the nineteenth-century collection of Paolo Vagliasindi, found mostly in contrada Sant'Anastasia of Randazzo.
Established in 1983 and opened in 1989, the Museo civico di scienze naturali exposes the Priolo ornithological collection, begun in 1939 by Angelo Priolo and made over thirty years. Originally dedicated to Italian BirdLife, the collection was enlarged to exotic birds and is currently composed by about 2000 pieces. The collection, particularly important for the study of the avifauna of Sicily, counts about 400 different species and includes now extinct birds, such as the Swainson and the little Bustard.
To better understand this fabulous collection a room of the Museum is dedicated to the explan