Was founded in 1984 (open to the public since 1989). Its creation became necessary after the major exhibition "Antonello da Messina's" and the "fifteenth century", held in the Sicilian city in 1953 where peloritana were exhibited some works of military heritage restored for the occasion. This made him aware of the State of deterioration that poured the artistic heritage of the city. For various problems, however, the institution of the Museum will become a reality only in the years ' 80.
After the earthquake of 1978, who wrote serious damage to the Heritage Council-owned premises donated by the
The Church of Santa Maria degli Angeli from August 20, 2005 is now a Museum of Church vestments. The museum exposes works mostly paintings ', ' 400 and ' 500 start, 600 depicting sacred images. Particularly noteworthy are five small plates from the late 14th century. depicting stories from the life of the Virgin, the miracle performing powers of candles and the celebration of mass and the statue of the Madonna by Antonello Accomandata Fernandes of 1510.