Opened in 1999, the Museum is located on the island of Salina, in 19th-century palazzo Marchetti, donated to the cultural association Dasukie from an American constructor 90 originating in Salina. The purpose of the Museum is to remind the transoceanic migration of Aeolians who, between the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, left the archipelago to head towards Australia in particular, Argentina and the United States.
On the island of Salina on 13 May 1995 was opened to the public the Malfa municipal library, named after the cav. John Cafarella and located in a building (located behind the parish church of san Lorenzo) donato, in 1913, benemerito sac. John Maccarthy, pastor of Malfa for 50 years (from 1905 to 1955). Books and audiovisual heritage (which counts more than 10,000 publications) is formed mainly from novels, children's books, audiovisuals, encyclopedias, volumes on Sicily, Aeolian Islands and on migration in the world. Every year, is a program of cultural events which include exhibitions and pai