Admire the most beautiful places of Bagheria and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
The Villa Palagonia is a patrician villa in Bagheria, 15 km from Palermo, in Sicily, southern Italy. The villa itself, built from 1715 by the architect Tommaso Napoli with the help of Agatino Daidone, is one of the earliest examples of Sicilian Baroque. However, its popularity comes mainly from the statues of monsters with human faces that decorate its garden and its wall, and earned it the nickname of "The Villa of Monsters" (Villa dei Mostri ).
This series of grotesques, created from 1749 by Francesco Ferdinando II Gravina, Prince of Palagonia, aroused the curiosity of the travellers of the G
The oldest, built in 1658 and popularly known as U Palazzu. Commissioned by Giuseppe Branciforti, Prince of Pietraperzia and Leonforte, was conceived as a home away from the size of the Court of Palermo whose Banjo had aspired to become the Regent. For this reason, the main entrance of the Tower through which you access the Palace-not surprisingly facing West, towards Palermo-Prince graved «or court to God. " On the same side, the entrance, stands a marble epigraph that reads: "to my King in rugged and hard efforts do not serve what durai constant and strong? And always immersed in important c
Villa Cattolica is an 18th-century villa in Bagheria.
The villa was built in 1736 by the Prince of Cattolica Eraclea, Greg ball. In 1973 Guttuso donated many of his works to the town of Bagheria, who created inside the main floor of the villa a museum dedicated to the painter. The municipality acquired the villa in 1988 and two years later, in 1990, placed inside a monumental sarcophagus to house the remains of the painter and transformed officially into the Museum Guttuso. In the Museum are works by Onofrio Tomaselli, Silvestre Cuffaro, Domenico Quattrociocchi, Giuseppe Calì, Pina P
Villa Valguarnera is a monumental complex of historical, architectural and artistic interest situated in Bagheria, near Palermo.
Villa Valguarnera is one of 18th century villas of Bagheria of greatest interest, both for the architectural quality of the complex is due to its location in the landscape man from Bagheria.
Construction began in 1712 to a design by Tommaso Napoli Dominican Designer, architect, in the same period of the nearby Roman Villa Palagonia, in contact with the environment, which introduces an array of Bernini and an architectural language compositional clarity close
Palazzo Cutò or Palazzo Aragon Cutò is one of the great mansions built in the early eighteenth century in Bagheria, near Palermo near the ancient consular road. Today it is close to the train station.
The Villa Aragon (today better known in Bagheria as Palazzo Cutò) was built between 1712 and 1716 by Luigi Onofrio hake, Prince of Aragon, as a summer residence. The project was developed by architect Giuseppe Mariani. In 1803 the villa was bought by Alexander Farrugia, Prince of Cutò, and this step was necessary to replace the family Insignia: the Monogram PC, Prince of Cutò, appears t
The villa located in Bagheria, was begun in 1763 by don Placido Notarbartolo, Duke of Villarosa. The building is situated on a hill near the foot of Mount Giancaldo and has an impressive facade made of a neoclassical portico about ten meters high and supported by eight columns apart two meters from each other. Inside, murals and precious frescoes in the vaults. The first project was amended and implemented by the architect Giuseppe Venanzio Marvuglia.
For a period of his life we lived the Sicilian painter Nino Garajo. Currently the villa is privately owned and is used for receptions, but is sti