Admire the most beautiful places of Castelbuono and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
The castle of Ventimiglia is located in Castelbuono , in the city of Palermo Metro Following the restoration of 1997 emerged the structures of a previous building to the castle of Ventimiglia , built in 1317 by Count Francesco Ventimiglia . The current building is the result of many renovations that make the reconstruction of its original appearance difficult. A simple rectangular plan , shows the outside a mixture of styles that at that period influenced the whole architecture of Sicily . The volume cube recalls the Arabic style ; square corner towers echo the Norman ; the round tower refers
Built between the late sixteenth and early seventeenth century, it is clear the reference to the cult of St. Anne patroness [unclear]. Collapsed during the 1820 earthquake, it was rebuilt in 1830 without the original dome and the demolition of the two bell towers, damaged by the earthquake and maintaining the surviving parts. The reconstructed architectural complex is in a neoclassical style.
The Latin cross interior is divided into three naves supported by twelve stone columns, covered with stucco. We can admire stucco lining the four columns of the two altars of the transept, typical of t
The church of Maria Santissima Assunta is the old mother church of Castelbuono.
The church dates from the fourteenth century. The restorations have brought to light some elements of a XIII century building. It is believed that it was originally a mosque, of which there are two windows to Moorish arches troubled discovered during the restoration, the oldest walls. It also seems that the bell tower was built on the ruins of a Saracen tower. [Citation needed] The building has undergone several changes over time and currently mixes the Romanesque-Gothic styles, Catalan Gothic and composite-Chia
At the heart of "old land", today the main course, is the fountain of Venus Ciprea (XV century), which decorated the entrance of the old Ypsigro. Rebuilt in 1614 in the city center, at the top there is the archaic statue of Andromeda, the Venus with Cupid and bottom center of Greek art panels depicting Diana Bathing. The statues were found during the clearing of the lands of ventimigliano garden; a plaque commemorates the discovery.