Admire the most beautiful places of Cefalù and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
The Cathedral of Cefalù, according to legend, arose following the vote in the Holy Saviour by Roger II, survived a storm and landed on the beaches of the town. The real motivation seems rather political-military nature, given its function as a fortress. From July 3, 2015 is part of heritage (Unesco) as part of the "Arab-Norman Route to Palermo, Cefalù and Monreale.
The construction began in 1131 and mosaics in the apse were built and settled the sarcophagi that Roger II porfiretici had intended to bury his wife.
The nineteenth-century palace of the noble family Mandralisca is interdisciplinary Museum comprising both fruit collections archaeological excavations conducted by Baron Enrico Parcha of Mandralisca, both purchases from antique dealers. The Museum consists of a picture gallery with the precious artwork of Antonello da Messina entitled "portrait of a man". The collection consists of archaeological finds of excavations in Lipari, in the Dash, it comes from the crater Siculus red on a black background saying of "seller of tuna", and other finds from the excavations conducted at Tindari and C
Via Vittorio Emanuele is the public wash known as Medieval Wash basin, at the late-Renaissance palace Martino. In 1514 it was demolished and rebuilt in a more back from the city walls and the river that flowed under the open sky was covered in the seventeenth century. In the summer of 1991 the restoration work was completed.
The wash is presented with a lava stone staircase and lumachella which leads to a smooth flooring by time and to a series of tanks that are filled with the water that flows from twenty-two mouths of cast iron (of which fifteen lion heads) disposed along the walls topped
The Church of purgatory, otherwise known as St Stephen's Church, is a religious building of Cefalu.
The church is located in Piazza Crispi, leaning against the head Marchiafava bastion. Originally it was two adjoining churches, St. John the Evangelist and St. Mary dell'Odigitria, commonly called "dell'Itria". The first, probably the XVI century, belonged to the brotherhood of the same name, mentioned in legal acts of 1509 and 1535. The second was originally a chapel, dedicated to St. Michael the Archangel, also owned by the brotherhood. Later he ceded to the bishop Ottaviano Proclamation, which established the confraternity of Santa Maria dell'Itria (or St. Nicholas of
The former Benedictine convent occupies an area of 2,500 m2 in front of the cathedral. The original construction of the twelfth-thirteenth century remain the main entrance portal, with pointed arches in blocks of hewn stone, a prospectus of a small square window and the remains of what could have been a mullioned window. The monastery welcomed nuns from the noble families of the city and in the eighteenth century was modified in order to take on the characteristics of the noble palaces of the time. With the abolition of the religious orders in 1866 it became state property and was used as a mi
The Museum Between Gamble by Tusa, located in Gibilmanna, a hamlet of Cefalù, in the old barn of the convent annexed to the sanctuary of Gibilmanna, specially renovated, hosts its Franciscan culture artifacts, vestments and sacred furnishings, donated, as a sign of devotion to the "Gran Signura" of Gibilmanna and items from other cultures.
The Osterio Magno is a historic fortified palace of Cefalu.
Handed down for many centuries as the "Domus Regia" of Roger II, the Osterio Magno and facing Osterio Small, non-existent, were built in the thirteenth century, setting them on pre-existing ruggeriane, the powerful family of Ventimiglia of Maro, accounts and subsequently Marquis of Geraci and principles of Castelbuono.
The oldest document in which reference is made all'Osterio Magno is the will, dated January 8, 1387, with which the Count of Geraci, Francesco II Ventimiglia (+1387), establishing its direct heir to