ATRI
5 4 °

Discover 6 places to see in ATRI

Admire the most beautiful places of ATRI and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.


TRIP

CO-CATHEDRAL OF SANTA MARIA ASSUNTA

Founded in 1982 with an exhibition set in the historical center, the Museum was officially established in 1992 and it has been busy in precious researches since then. The collection, made up of more than three thousand pieces, includes materials concerning different environments, from those connected to the rural culture to those pertaining to industrial archaeology, to those related to moments of urban life. The rural world is exemplified through reproductions of realistic settings. The big number of music instruments on display proves how popular are the town-bands all over the Abruzzi. Peop


See details


TRIP

CIVIC ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM "DE-TASCINI-DE ALBENTIIS GALITIS"

The Archaeological Capitular Museum occupies the rooms of an eighteenth-century building belonging to Atri's Cathedral, which the Ministry for Arts and Culture has recently restored. The exhibition is set in three rooms. The first one is a tribute to Mr. Vincenzo Rosati, director of the ancient Art and Crafts School of Atri's Orphanage, who devoted himself to archaeological excavations in the area of Atri and in the surroundings and organized the important relics come to light. The exhibition hall contains a big amount of material discovered in Atri, Penne and Arsita (above all jewels and vase


See details


TRIP

MUSEO CAPITOLARE

Situated in the hall behind the building of the Cathedral, round a two-storey cloister, the capitular museum exhibits in ten rooms an important collection of art-objects from the thirteenth to the twentieth century. First and foremost, the series of illuminated incunabula, among which the early fifteenth-century Acquaviva Missal. The painting section contains two elaborate and refined paintings on wood representing the Nativity and Jesus's Flogging, dated to the early sixteenth century and permeated with influences of the school of Bramante and of artists from Urbino. Its attribution is uncert


See details


TRIP

ETHNOGRAPHIC CIVIC MUSEUM

Founded in 1982 with an exhibition set in the historical center, the Museum was officially established in 1992 and it has been busy in precious researches since then. The collection, made up of more than three thousand pieces, includes materials concerning different environments, from those connected to the rural culture to those pertaining to industrial archaeology, to those related to moments of urban life. The rural world is exemplified through reproductions of realistic settings. The big number of music instruments on display proves how popular are the town-bands all over the Abruzzi. Peop


See details


TRIP

DIDACTIC MUSEUM OF MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS, MEDIEVAL AND RENAISSANCE

Opened in 2000, the Museum has four halls with a collection consisting of 54 pieces reconstructed historical bases (for those medieval iconographic or copied from originals to Renaissance ones) and for ages ranging from 8th century a.d. at the end of the 16th century.
The works exhibited are classified in stringed instruments (ancient the monochord invented, according to legend, Protagoras), wind, percussion and Reed. Particularly, among the latter, the Cornet and the Ciaramelle, a sort of Oboe popular played together with the Bagpipe.
The Museum is equipped with a multimedia installation that a


See details


TRIP

DUCAL PALACE OF THE DUKES OF ACQUAVIVA

The residence of the Acquaviva family was erected in 1382 by order of the duke Antonio, to whom King Charles III of Durazzo allowed to build on the ruins of a Roman bathing-establishment. The palace overlooks the square situated at the end of the road that starts from the Cathedral. The façade is divided in two parts, which mark the partition of the building in two phases. The main front, in Istrian stone, is divided by rectangular framed windows. Approximately the brick parts of the façade, like the portal, and the bell-tower can be dated back to the adjustments carried out in 1707, due to th


See details