Admire the most beautiful places of Ragusa and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
AS Ragusa, established as State Archives section with d.m. 21 Jun. 1955, was created by transferring from AS Syracuse archives from which offices were established in what is now the province of Ragusa, established in 1927. Since it was established in the same year the subsection, then State Archives section of Modica, prevailed the preserve at Ragusa AS administrative and legal documents of the secc. 19th and 20th, while those relating to the early history were rough in Modica, in view of the role played by that city first as the Centre County and then as district seat. This policy has been ma
Archaeological site of Kamarina, among the most important in Sicily, constitutes a precious heritage of terrestrial and underwater archaeology. Kamarina, whose name according to Strabo means "Inhabited after much effort", was an important colony of Syracuse, built at the mouth of the Ippari River in the province of Ragusa. It's not that remain today important archaeological ruins, mainly on Cabrera in the municipality of Ragusa. Situated on a hill, the Acropolis view, today, the remains of the Temple of Athena; South-western end of the Hill, between the Temple of Athena Poliade and the port ex
The Church of the most Holy souls in purgatory is located in Ragusa Ibla in piazza della Repubblica, better known as piazza degli Archi (for ragusani simply strings) because of the arches of an aqueduct that crowned the neighborhood until the earthquake of 1693, by which the Church came out unscathed. It is built in late Baroque style with a Basilica with three naves.
According to local tradition the Church was built by the Cistercian monks of the Abbey of Santa Maria di Roccadia Lentini, in Gothic style, in the first half of the 13th century. After the earthquake of 1693 was enlarged and largely rebuilt in Baroque style.
the Church of our Lady of Itria is the commendale Church of the sovereign military order of Malta under the title of San Giuliano, founded by Baron Bala Abdulrahman in 1626, near the hospital with the same name. The name derives from the Greek Odygitria (i.e. she who shows the way). The Church, which is located in the heart of the old Jewish quarter of "Billboard", was not particularly affected by the earthquake, but it was also extended and modified in Baroque style, becoming one of the most important places of worship.