Giulianova
N 12 °

Discover 10 places to see in Giulianova

Admire the most beautiful places of Giulianova and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.


TRIP

GAETANO BRAGA-HOUSE SYSTEM OF MUSEUMS MUSEI CIVICI GIULIANOVA

Built in the second half of the 800 by the same distinguished cellist and composer giuliese Gaetano Braga (Giulianova, 1829 – 1907), is used as a House-Museum.
There are several works of art (paintings, drawings, sculptures) on the figure and the life of the musician, p. Montegny, p. Chardin, s. a., Malaspina Schaeppi, a., Rahim T M a. Tentarelli (distinguished sculptor giuliese)
Also letters, illustrations, documents, sheet music, the result of research conducted in Italy and abroad by the homonymous Association which has its headquarters here.
Visiting the House-Museum, you can also listen to r


See details


TRIP

VINCENT CERMIGNANI ' MUSEUM '

In the House, where he hosted the painter Vincent Cermignani are collected sketches of works and other documentation on the work of the artist.



See details


TRIP

CHURCH OF SANTA MARIA A MARE

The Romanic church of Santa Maria a Mare, commonly called "the Annunziata", is the last extant evidence, though the bombardments of the Second World War, of the Medieval Giulianova, called Castel San Flaviano (and before Castrum Novum Piceni), destroyed in the battle of the Tordino in 1460. Founded upon a previous Roman building, it originated in the tenth century, maybe from a Benedictine church, place of meeting for the soldiers who were going to leave toward the Holy Lands from the near-by port. The present aspect of the church, after the restoration of the Sixties, reproduces the one of th


See details


TRIP

CATHEDRAL OF SAN FLAVIANO

The urban configuration of the Renaissance town of Giulia hinged on San Flaviano Cathedral, rebuilt as from 1470-71 by the Duke Giulio Antonio Acquaviva of Aragon, who gave it his name. The restoration of the church took into account the latest innovation of the time, so that it suggests that Leon Battista Alberti or Giorgio Martini could be the authors of the building plan. San Flaviano Cathedral is one of the most interesting examples of the fifteenth-century architecture typical of the middle Adriatic Coast. Built as from the Seventies of the fifteenth century and accomplished in the Thirti


See details


TRIP

ART MUSEUM FOUNDATION OF SPLENDOR

Situated inside the wide and panoramic eastern wing of the Capuchin convent adjoining the church of Madonna dello Splendore, the contemporary art gallery was founded by Father Serafino Colangeli and inaugurated in1997. It is divided in three storeys. The ground floor contains at present Bindi's collection, the most prestigious anthology of the so called "School of Posillipo" in the Abruzzi. It is usually set in the Municipal Art Gallery, which is now under restoration. The second floor puts on display the standing collection of the museum, with works by Sassu, Corpora, Ceccobelli, Gianquinto,


See details


TRIP

CIVIC GALLERY "RAFFAELLO ROMPERS"

The section of the Municipal Museums of Giulianova centered on sculpture is set inside the ground floor of the school-building, situated in Piazza della Libertà. It consists of the collection of plaster casts of the well-known nineteenth-century artist Raffaello Pagliaccetti. Born in Giulianova, he was educated at San Luca Academy in Rome, where his teacher was Tenerani, one of the signatories of the manifesto of Italian Purism in Arts (1843), along with Bianchini, Mussini, Minardi. In 1861 he moved to Florence to visit the National Exposition. He settled there and started to frequent the arti


See details


TRIP

THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM-CIVIC MUSEUMS MUSEUM SYSTEM GIULIANOVA

To 20 years from the discovery of the first remains from Roman times at Crossroad Bellocchio, 3 March 2001 was inaugurated the archaeological section of the civic museums of Giulianova, set up inside the Tower, "white", the largest and the best preserved, of the towers of the ancient walls built by Giuliantonio Acquaviva to protect the Renaissance Citadel. Built in broad humanistic fervor, is the ideal place between memories and the earliest history of Giulianova, and their preservation and exploitation for the present.


See details


TRIP

CAPPELLA DE ' MUSEUM BARTOLOMEI

On Piazza della Libertà, Giulianova, Country is an elegant Chapel, run drawings of the late architect Wolves of Teramo. After a narrow vestibule accessed in small classroom covered with a dome that ends with a low Lantern. Behind the altar are still present in some steps of the ancient chapel's rear access. This monument was built by engineer Gaetano De ' Bartolomei to honor the memory of his uncle Angelo Antonio Cosimo de ' Bartolomei, archaeologist, poet, historian, Economist. The Interior is adorned with three beautiful marble works, made by the great artist Raphael giuliese Rompers.


See details