Admire the most beautiful places of Frosinone and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
The Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta was extensively remodeled nelXVIII century referring to Sant'Andrea della Valle in Rome. Uncampanile presents Romanesque, 62 meters tall, with three orders of mullioned Windows. Among the works of art held in the shrine there is a Madonna with St. Anne, St. John the Baptist and angels of Seeds. The Church is the Cathedral from 1986, year of establishment of the diocese.
Built in 1134, the Abbey Church of St. Benedetto, which is also the oldest city art gallery, was rebuilt between 1750 and 1797 in Baroque forms, with an octagonal lantern and a façade with two superimposed orders; remained unscathed at war destruction preserves valuable paintings dating from the 17th to the 19th century.
The Museum was inaugurated on 9 April 1994 and is located in a small building in the historic centre. The building is part of a larger complex that, during the Papal State, hosted the Government of Frosinone. The museum contains archaeological finds recovered in the town and surrounding territory, and arranged in chronological order between the early Palaeolithic and Roman imperial ages. They document the first traces of human presence and the first stable settlements (Room I), the Volscian occupation (Room II), and Romanisation and the Imperial period (Room III). Apart from the main rooms des
The Palace, home to the Frosinone provincial administration, was built between 1930 and 1933 neoclassical style – but with concrete structure – designed by the architect Giovanni Jacobucci. The intentions the inauguration of the building would take place on 28 October 1932, on the occasion of the tenth anniversary of the March on Rome, but work was completed the following year.
In the lobby of the building is a bronze statue of a dancer: this work of the early twentieth century by Amleto Cataldi was brought to Italy from the United States, where it was the 1920s, in 2010. The Atrium, a monument
This impressive building was built as the headquarters of the elementary schools, designed by engineer Edgardo Vivoli and was dedicated to Pietro Tiravanti gold medal, crashed in Libya during the first world war. Classical architecture was one of the first buildings in Italy of this size to be built in reinforced concrete seismic.
The Tiravanti is known in the city as the "building"