Admire the most beautiful places of Teramo and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
The building is of medieval origin dating back to the 13th century and wide Melatini site; features Windows typically ghibelline (the party of the former owners) with lintel and threshold and protruding nuts: four of these Windows, which open in the median range of façade, are made from elegant mullioned Windows partition columns resting on carved bases, three of which are twisted, of these, two have a snake with a woman's head that envelops them. It was the private residence of the family of the Melatino Teramo.
Commonly known as the Castello Della Monica, it is a 19th century reconstruction of a complex of buildings in medieval style. Located on the small hill of San Venanzio, not far from piazza Garibaldi, the medieval village (begun in 1889 and completed in 1917) was realized by Gennaro Della Monica Teramo artist, from whom he borrowed the name. The work that stands out is the great Palace in neo-Gothic style of the Castle.
The Cathedral of Teramo is dedicated to santa Maria Assunta. Its construction was started in 1158, at the behest of Bishop Guido II, who sought to give a new kindergarten the relics of Saint Berardo.
The Cathedral was finished and consecrated in 1176, in Romanesque style.
During recent restoration works were found under the floor, and made visible to the public, the crypt of san Berardo and a tunnel that the crypt itself heads towards Piazza Martiri della Libertà.
Also notable is the Bell Tower.
Among the art treasures kept in the Cathedral of Teramo, first place rests with the famous gilded silve
The little brick church is what remains of the fore part, most likely a vestibule, of the ancient Santa Maria Aprutiensis Cathedral, founded in the sixth century upon a previous Roman building; rebuilt in the twelfth century, it was nearly razed to the ground by Roberto di Loretello in 1155. One of the external sides preserves the arcade of a partition wall, while the interior, considerably below the road-ground, is divided by low pillars, which support cross-vaults, made of brick as well. Among the extant paintings there is a scene of Majesty with saints by Giacomo from Campli, who operated i
The Church of Sant'Antonio, former convento di San Francesco, a 13th century Church.
Of particular interest is the portal and the Bell Tower.
The Interior has two churches, the greater that of St. Francis and the other of Saint Anthony, made in the old refectory.