Admire the most beautiful places of San Quirico d'Orcia and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
Bagno Vignoni is an Italian village and hamlet (frazione) of San Quirico d'Orcia, situated on a hill above the Val d'Orcia in Tuscany. It is a popular tourist destination and well known for its hot springs.
The chapel of our Lady of Vitaleta is a sacred building in the rural town of Vitaleta, in the municipality of San Quirico d'Orcia, in the province of Siena. The Church, private property, is included in the territory of the Archdiocese of Siena-Colle di Val d'Elsa-Montalcino.
The Church, probably dating from the late Renaissance, is mentioned for the first time in a document from 1590.
The Church was later redesigned both externally and internally by the architect Giuseppe Partini in 1884, inspired by 16th-century models.
From it comes the statue of the Madonna attributed to Andrea dell
The Church of San Giovanni Battista in Bagno Vignoni is a sacred building is in the village of Bagno Vignoni San Quirico d'Orcia.
Old Parish Church, it has a single nave, with very simple façade.
Inside there is a painting by 18th-century Sienese school portraying St Catherine of Siena with Bagno Vignoni in the background. On the porch overlooking the pool is located the small chapel dedicated to Saint Catherine of Siena raised in 1660. There was an early 17th century fresco depicting the risen Christ, now detached and kept in the Church of San Giovanni Battista.
Every year is celebrated on 24 Ju
The Church of Santa Maria Assunta (commonly called Santa Maria or Santa Maria ad Hortos as it was surrounded by gardens that will become the Horti Leonini) is a sacred building in San Quirico d'Orcia, in the province of Siena, Diocese of Montepulciano-Chiusi-Pienza.
The Church was located on the Via Francigena near the iron gate. Its construction probably dates to the second half of the 11th century. The building is impressive and simple nave with hewn stone travertine small apse with crowning arches and Corbels decorated with animal heads. The roof is wooden trusses; is geared towards the Nort
I cipressi San Quirico d'Orcia are located on a hill overlooking from the South a leg of Via Cassia which crosses the northern part of the municipality of San Quirico d'Orcia, in the locality "tribbles". The trees represent the symbol of nature and landscape, not only of the municipality and the area in which they are located but also of the whole Tuscany.
They are two distinct groups of trees, located in an isolated way on rounded hills of modest eminence and no other vegetation of tall trees. The first group of cypress trees form a small diamond-shaped and thick Grove located at geographical
The Collegiate Church of Santi Quirico e Giulitta (also known more simply as the collegiata di San Quirico) is a Catholic place of worship located in San Quirico d'Orcia.
Was an ancient parish church preceded by an 8th-century Baptistry. The present building was built in the late 12th century or the beginning of the next century; the oldest part seems to be the one corresponding to the façade and, in particular, to the main entrance. The final part was completely altered with the demolition of the original apse in 1653 to build the choir.
The Church has a Latin cross p
The Horti Leonini are a public garden located in the ancient bastions of San Quirico d'Orcia (province of Siena).
Fortunes around 1581 on a plot that Francesco I de ' Medici had donated to Diomede Leoni, are named by their owner. The Horti have maintained up to now the original structure, creating a well preserved example of classic Italian-style garden and a model of accommodation in the Park resumed in later centuries.
The terrain has influenced the distribution of the garden that is divided into two zones, the lower one more artificial, and the upper most natural. The lower area, which is acc
The oratorio della Misericordia is a church located in San Quirico d'Orcia, Siena, Archdiocese of Siena.
Simple whitewashed building with a single nave is preceded by a covered porch, which bears on the main altar a large table of Bartolomeo Neroni said the Hedgehog, portraying the Madonna with child and Saints by late 16th century painter.