Admire the most beautiful places of Viterbo and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
The Etruscan city of Ferento is located in the 4th century BC on the Hill of Pianicara tufa, Vezzarella and Red Water streams. On the opposite Hill of St. Francis was the village of Acquarossa, the archaic Ferento suddenly destroyed at the end of the 6th century BC walled, has a regular system for strigas; the main axis is the urban stretch of the Via Ferentiensis. The city is only partially explored; graccana colony and then City Hall, had an impressive urban development at the Augustan age, with the construction of the theater, an amphitheater, the Forum, the Augustus; the 2nd century AD dat
The basilica of San Francesco alla Rocca is a church in Viterbo, elevated to the rank of minor basilica by Pope Pius XII in 1949, within which are located the tombs of two popes, Clement IV and Adrian V.
It was built beginning in 1237, on land that Pope Gregory IX had donated to the Franciscans, and the Palace of the Alemanni pre-merger said, dating from 1208, was incorporated in the convent adjacent to the Church. The building was restored during the 16th century and again in the 17th century; these reconstructions led to Baroque additions that covered the original Romanesque elements. A plaqu
The St. Joseph Library was born, in reduced form, in the 40 's, as a philosophical-theological Institute of San Pietro di Viterbo. Currently consists of the reading room and two large sections, divided into multiple rooms for storage and custody of books and magazines. From a core of departure of 12,000 volumes and approximately 120 Italian and foreign magazines in the late 70 's you get to about 25,000 volumes and 150 journals. In the late 80 's it has a total of approximately 35,000 volumes and 190 magazines, while at the beginning of the new millenn
Since 1955, the Museum has been housed in the cloister and premises of the convent annexed to the church of Santa Maria della Verità, founded in the 12th century by the Premostratensians and renovated in the 14th century by the Servite Fathers. The exhibition is articulated on three levels, in two chronological sections: the ancient era on the lower floor, the Middle Ages and modern period on the upper floors. The Cloister and adjacent rooms house Etruscan and Roman archaeological finds from the Viterbo territory covering a chronological period that runs from the 8th century B.C. to the 3rd ce
The Museum was founded on the occasion of the Great Jubilee in 2000. Its realisation was made possible thanks to the combined intervention of the Diocesan Curia of Viterbo and the Italian Prime Minister’s Office. Through the interest of Monsignor Lorenzo Chiarinelli, Bishop of Viterbo, and Monsignor Salvatore del Ciuco, current Director of the Museum, some unused premises near the Cathedral were refurbished and fitted out by Maestro Alessio Paternesi. Currently, the Museum is divided into 3 sections: archaeological, historical-artistic and sacred art, that can be combined with the guided tour
The exhibition is divided on two floors. On the lower floor it is possible to admire ten small-scale models of the various Macchine of Santa Rosa, exhibited in chronological order, starting from one dated 1690 up to the models of the 20th century, including "Ali di luce" (Wings of Light) conceived by architect and porter Raffaele Ascenzi. The section will soon be enriched with additional models, including the current machine “Fiore del cielo” (Flower of Heaven) by Arturo Vittori. On the first floor there is the audiovisual room where it is possible to see videos covering recent and past forms