Admire the most beautiful places of Anacapri and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
The Grotto is a well-known cave located in the town of Anacapri, on the island of Capri in the province of Naples.
The cave has a partially submerged by sea opening and depending on the tide cycle access may be more or less complicated.
The Roman emperors who spent holidays on the island seem the use as private pool, in particular it seems that Tiberius had built a step between his house and the cave, now if that was really burrow existed, it would be collapsed, so inaccessible. In any case became known since 1826, when it was visited by the German artist August Kopisch on indication of Angelo F
Mount Solaro is the highest peak on the island of Capri with its 589 meters.
Mount Solaro is formed by the same type of limestone rock of which the whole island is made. It is part of the same chain which also includes Mount Faito. On a mountain stands the town of Anacapri, relaxing on the homonymous plain.
Capri Philosophical Park (Italian Parco Filosofico) is situated on the outskirts of the small town of Anacapri on the Italian island of Capri.
The park was founded in 2000 by the Swedish professor and author Gunnar Adler-Karlsson together with his wife.
In the park there are small tablets with quotes by 60 different Western philosophers.
The Red House is a historic building in eclectic style located in Anacapri.
It takes its name from Pompeian red colour that characterizes it and makes it unmistakable. The Red House was built between 1876 and 1898 by American Colonel MacKowen J.C., who picked up their own collection of archaeological finds from disparate backgrounds.
Mackowen had built the House, near the Aragonese Tower, an ancient defensive bulwark erected by the inhabitants of Anacapri, in the second half of the ' 300.
The entrance, the Greek inscription KAIRE APRAGOPOLEOS salutes the city of citizen or POLITA idleness.
Castello Barbarossa is an archaeological ruin and ornithological station in Anacapri, on the island of Capri, Italy. It derives its name from the pirate and Ottoman admiral, Hayreddin, nicknamed Barbarossa ("Redbeard"), who stormed it in 1535 and destroyed it in 1544. The construction date is uncertain but it perhaps dates back to the late ninth century. From 1898, the structure, now in ruins, was owned by the Swedish psychiatrist Axel Munthe who donated it to his foundation. The surroundings, interesting for their botanical features, are home to the island's ornithological station.
The Chiesa di Santa Sofia (Santa Sofia Church) is located in the Piazza of Anacapri, on the island of Capri, Italy. It dates to 1596 when it replaced Chiesa di Santa Maria di Costantinopoli as the parish church. Some of the building materials and fittings, such as the sacristy and oratorio, were originally in the Chiesa di San Carlo. The church chapels are dedicated to Sant'Antonio, Anacapri's patron saint, and the Madonna del Buon Consiglio. Architectural features include two bell towers and a baroque facade. The wedding of Guiliana DePandi and Bill Rancic occurred at the Chiesa di Santa Sofi
Punta Carena Lighthouse (Italian: Faro di Punta Carena) is an active lighthouse, located on the island of Capri on the head of the same name, about 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) southwest of Anacapri. The lighthouse has been active since 1867; its construction began in 1862.