Admire the most beautiful places of Capri and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
The cliffs of Capri are three rocky peaks located to the southeast of the island namesake, famous throughout the world thanks to the charming and historical overview offered by the Gardens of Augustus.
These emergencies are identified with three different names: the first (the mainland) is the Stack of the Earth; the second, separated from the first by the sea, is to Vessel; while the third, towards the sea, is the Out Stack. The latter is well known because it is the only habitat of the legendary blue lizard.
The stacks are:
Stack of Earth (or Lightning), which is the only one still
The most grandiose Roman villa on the island is Villa Jovis, located at the top of the East Headland, last residence of Emperor Tiberius. Run in the 1935 excavations have unearthed a large building, which revolves around a large central quadrilateral in which tanks are placed. The Palace is accessed through ramps that rise to the so-called Avenue of Myrtle and ending in a vestibule, which precedes an atrium tetrastilo with four bases of white marble, on which stood four cipollino marble columns. Adjacent environments served to the guardhouse. A large hall with the white mosaic floor leads to
The Phoenician Steps (La Scala Fenicia) of Capri are a long and steep stone stairway that unites the population center of Capri with that of Anacapri. The stairway was made probably by ancient Greek colonists, however, rather than by Phoenicians.
Before the completion of a road, the Steps formed the only means of reaching Anacapri, which is located hundreds of feet above the Mediterranean Sea (the prefix Ana in the name of the place comes from classical Greek and signifies "above").
The upper terminal of the Phoenician Steps lies near the Villa San Michele, which Axel Munthe built at Anacapri.
Via Friedrich Alfred Krupp, commonly called Via Krupp, Capri is one of the island's most famous streets, which connects the historic center of the island with the resort area of Marina Piccola.
The German steel magnate Friedrich Alfred Krupp, living in a centrally located hotel Quisisana suites, could not quickly reach Marina Piccola, where he kept moored his yacht: then bought the entire area between the Certosa di San Giacomo and Castiglione and he built the street that today takes its name.
Since the Capri rocks are limestone, Via Krupp has always been exposed to the danger of fal
The Arco Naturale is a natural arch on the east coast of the island of Capri. Dating from the Paleolithic age, it is the remains of a collapsed grotto. The arch spans 12 m at a height of 18 m above ground and consists of limestone.
The complex dates from the second half of the ' 300, at the behest of Count Giacomo Arcucci, great Queen Giovanna Camerario I of Anjou, as evidenced by the remarkable fresco that surmounts the portal to the Church, dated to about 1371 and executed by Florentine painter Niccolò di Tommaso. In the fresco depicts the Virgin and child enthroned with the Count Giacomo Arcucci and Queen Giovanna I and saints Giacomo and Giovanni Battista. The system responds to the monastery's strict rules: canonical "high House" or cloistered convent and "low House" with locals. Today the Monastery has a layering
The Gardens of Augustus, initially known under the name of Krupp gardens are a citizen of Capri park.
They were initiated by Friedrich Alfred Krupp, the German steel industrialist who in the early twentieth century bought some property on the island, with the intention - that never came true - to build a villa. Known as Krupp gardens until 1918, after the First World War was renamed Augustus gardens by the municipality, in honor of the first Roman emperor.
Constitute a true botanical garden that houses various specimens of the island's flora, with ornamental plants and not. The beaut
The Grotta Bianca ("white cave") is located on the island of Capri, Italy. It derives its name from white incrustations of calcareous matter upon its sides, and from clusters of white stalactites which hang from the roof and fringe the entrance. The cave faces east, and is situated near the Punta della Chiavioa. The entry, about 70–80 feet (21–24 m) high, leads into upper and lower caves, of which the former is not easily accessible. The lower cave can be entered by boat for a short distance. Unlike most other caves at the water-level, it is much broader at approximately 6 feet (1.8 m) above t