Amalfi
2 5 °

Discover 5 places to see in Amalfi

Admire the most beautiful places of Amalfi and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.


TRIP

St Andrew's Cathedral

St. Andrew's Cathedral is the main place of Catholic worship, Episcopal seat of the Archdiocese. Dedicated to SIn origin the basilicas to Amalfi were two, and both aisles: the first is the old cathedral erected by the Duke Manso II around the year 1000: the second erected in the middle of the 9th century is broader. At that time the two places of worship were to be engaged at the same time as they did in all of the early Christian churches of Campania. The basilica was transformed in the early decades of the 13th century under Archbishop Matthew Capuano and Cardinal Pietro Capuano, both joined


See details




TRIP

Museum of rural culture arts and crafts

The Museum was strongly backed by Mr. Louis Vinegar and his family joined a small cooperative "C.A.T.A.", the fifth generation of farming activities dedicated to the cultivation of lemons of Amalfi sfusato Amalfitano "him". It consists of a historical collection, made of nearly thirty years of research and acquisition, of objects, paintings, photos and mementos that evoke all the arts performed by professional craftsmen and peasants of the Amalfi Coast linked to land, sea and in the work in General: a press of 1600 to a modern Weaver; from the equipment used by the masters to modern paper boxe


See details


TRIP

DIOCESAN MUSEUM OF THE BASILICA DEL CROCIFISSO

Situated inside the ancient Basilica del Crocifisso (IX century) to the Cathedral of Sant'Andrea contiguous (10th c.), the Diocesan Museum houses a valuable collection of religious art objects belonging to the Treasury of the Cathedral. Silver, vestments, crosses, chalices, reliquaries, carvings, are some of the many items stored in the Museum. Among these are: a mitre of the 13th century which has a rich embroidery in silver and gold with precious stones and beads; a silver antependium of the 18th century consisting of panels that represent the scourging and crucifixion of Sant'Andrea.


See details