Admire the most beautiful places of Bologna and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
In Piazza Maggiore is the Gothic and majestic basilica di San Petronio, built at the behest of the municipality between 1390 and 1659. Has a portal decorated with bas-reliefs by Jacopo della Quercia, while inside there are some remarkably decorated chapels. In the left aisle, on the floor, you can see the world's largest Sundial, designed by the mathematician Giovanni Domenico Cassini and built in 1655.
In piazza Santo Stefano is the complex of Santo Stefano, also known as "the seven churches" because of its articulation in many churches and chapels connected by a courtyard and a cloister. The original was built in the eighth century on a 2nd-century pagan temple dedicated to the Egyptian goddess ISIS, which remains an architrave with a dedication to the goddess, walled outside, and some African granite columns. The main architectural structure is markedly Romanesque, although some amendments.
Because of the size of the statue, the Bolognese affectionately call "the giant" (Żigànt in bolognese dialect).
The statue was sponsored by Cardinal Legate of Bologna, Carlo Borromeo.
Love the Bolognese often indicate a particular view of fountain, not narrate their disrespecting that would fulfill Giambologna Neptune with larger genitalia but the Church forbade him. The sculptor did not surrender, though in fact he designed the statue so that from a particular angle the thumb of left hand brim of Neptune seems to sprout directly from the lower abdomen, causing him to suggest (built) the genit
With offices in the complex of the basilica of Santo Stefano, housed in four rooms ending in the chapel of the bandage. Opened in 1916, was arranged by Francesco Malaguzzi Valeri originally in the refectory. After reset, works from 1999 he took over as the current hosting vestments and reliquaries, paintings and frescoes of the bolognese school, Venetian and Tuscany between the 13th and 18th centuries (Simone de ' crucifixes, Michele di Matteo, Alessandro Tiarini), and the reliquary of San Petronio, magnificent work of jewellery made in 1380 by Jacopo Roseto. In the first room there are relief
The palazzo del Podestà was built around nel1200, along with Piazza Maggiore as building for public functions, and then seat of the podestà and his officials.
The lower part of the building is decorated with hundreds of panels with floral pattern, all different from each other.
Between the Palazzo del Podestà and Palazzo Re Enzo is the Voltone del Podestà, a ribbed Vault supported at the corners by four pillars surmounted by two terracotta statues representing the patron saints of the city, Saint Petronius, Proculus, St. Dominic and St. Francis, all made by Alfonso Lombardi in 1525.
The square is closed to the West by the Town Hall (or d'accursio), today seat of the municipality of Bologna, of Collezioni Comunali d'Arte and the Morandi Museum, which runs along the adjoining Piazza del Nettuno, in the Centre of which stands the homonymous Fountain (also known as the giant) built in 1565 by Giambologna.
To the South, in front of the Palazzo del Podestà rises the unfinished façade of the Basilica di San Petronio, an example of Italian Gothic, begun in the late 14th century and never finished.
Finally the East close Palazzo dei Banchi, actually a simple façade built between
Always in the business district of Milan, there are also plenty of clothing, jewelry, crafts, bistro, as well as numerous boutiques and showrooms of high fashion, concentrated particularly between Galleria Cavour, via Farini, the Pavaglione and pedestrian via d'Azeglio
The two towers are the monuments of the town: the Torre degli Asinelli (97.20 metres, the leaning tower Italy's highest) and the Garisenda Tower (originally 60 m high, 48 now) built at the behest of Ghibelline nobles in the 12th century from which they take their name.
It is believed that the Donkey was initially much higher (the buds are walls of a thickness that would allow the raising of other 20-25 metres) the Summit we see today is the result of a Bentivogliesca-era makeover (1488).
The Asinelli Tower is known as the leaning tower Italy's highest.