Admire the most beautiful places of Faenza and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
This is the House where Raphael Bendandi (1893-1979), seismologist and astronomer from Faenza, lived and housed the theater research laboratory findings in several scientific fields, particularly on earthquakes. The Museum allows visitors to learn more about the life and activity of the researcher is thanks to documents, monographs, articles, books, furniture, personal items, photographs, either through some equipment. Among the most interesting items are some examples of seismographs, still working, and the ' fixed ' Planetarium on the cellar by the Franciscan father John Lacy.
Set up by 2002 in what was the workshop of ceramist from Faenza Carlo Zauli (1926-2002), is managed by the family of the artist in synergy with the International Museum of ceramics. Offers an insight into anthology in Zauli early 50 's to 90 's, unveiling the visitor searching for an artist from a Potter became sculptor without ever betraying its roots. This path is enriched by a visit by historians study environments-workshop: from the basement to the clays, glazes from furnaces to large reliefs, where the sod of Earth became sculpture: illustrates the techniques used by master testified by t
Established in 1980, until 1993 is managed by the municipality in collaboration with the Associazione Pangea and the Gruppo Speleologico of Faenza. The original nucleus of materials consists of the ornithological and Entomological collections by Domenico Malmerendi (1900-1980) and abiologici materials of the Speleological Museum. Malmerendiana ornithological collection, begun in 1923, consists of over two thousand three hundred specimens representative of the regional and national bird, with a core of exotic finds. The Entomological collection of the same donation, quantifiable in addition ott
Its origin dates back to 1904, when it was staged in a room permanently attached to the Municipal Gallery, an exhibition dedicated to the contribution of the Italian Risorgimento from Faenza, already presented at the regional exhibition of Romagna in Ravenna. Around the 1920s, the Museum was closed to allow an extension of the exhibition spaces of the Gallery, while the preparation of an exhibition on Italian independence determined the further increase with documents and memorabilia about the first world war. In 1929 it was reopened and placed in the premises of the library by the then Direct
Originates from Faenza by adoption donation Arnaldo Minardi, theater enthusiast, and was established in 1931 at the municipal library. Since 1984 has an Office on the top floor of Palazzo Milzetti lived, with the exception of paper materials, books, autographs and photographs of artists, remained in its original place. Amount to approximately the 20th century pieces from the collection, including stage costumes and accessories, sketches, scenes of Romolo Liverani; also on display are a painted wooden model of the proscenium Theater Masini, a gallery of portraits of composers and performers of
The Archbishop's Palace were opened in 2000 on the occasion of the Jubilee in response to requests of those who wanted to admire the works in the Museum collection, without programming the opening according to days and times. You can visit the two rooms where he stayed the blessed Pope John XXIII when, still the Patriarch of Venice, was a guest of his friend and fellow countryman monsignor Giuseppe Battaglia. Altogether are now open to the public the chapel of s. Apollinare, the great throne room and four rooms of the apartment ' Cardinal Durazzo. In these environments decorated altarpieces an
Il museo, il più importante nel settore a livello internazionale, è stato fondato nel 1908, a seguito di una mostra allestita nell'ex convento di San Maglorio con ceramiche di manifatture italiane ed europee e pezzi di antica produzione, nell'ambito dell'Esposizione Internazionale organizzata a Faenza per celebrare il terzo centenario della nascita di Evangelista Torricelli. Chiusa l'esposizione, promossa da Gaetano Ballardini, le ceramiche rimasero in sede e costituirono di fatto il nucleo originario del museo, sorto con l'intento di contribuire alla rivitalizzazione dell'artigianato ceramico
Should the naming to Evangelista Torricelli (1608-1647 Florence Rome), the noted physicist who invented the mercury barometer. Originates from the collection of memorabilia and torricelliane cards making up the core of the exhibition of 1908, Faenza organized to celebrate the tercentenary of the birth of the scientist. The collection included some models of instruments played by Torricelli, those preserved in the Tribuna di Galileo in Florence, geometric designs relating to the application of principles, torricelliani reproductions of autographs and pictures pertaining to Torricelli and some a