Admire the most beautiful places of Power and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
Established in 1974, the National Library of Power began his career in 1980 as a detached section of the Biblioteca Nazionale Vittorio Emanuele III of Naples. It became autonomous in 1984. The National Library is responsible for Power capture, collect and preserve Italian and foreign editorial production; to preserve, enhance and promote their historical collections; to document the possessed, to provide bibliographic information, to ensure the movement of documents and carry out promotion activities. It is specialized to perform functions of University Library by coordinating its work with t
Located in the square, in the heart of the historical centre, is originally from the 13th century, initially dedicated to the Virgin, and then to Gerardo della Porta who became Patron Saint of the city.
. Highlights are the 1200 stone façade (with the rebuild between 1197 and 1220 by Bishop Bartholomew), an altar in polychrome marble with inlays of 1700 and a wooden crucifix of 1400. There is also a marble chapel dedicated to the Holy Father built in the seventeenth century. The Church houses the remains of the Patron Saint, a silver and Crystal urn with the relics of the Saint, the Saint's sta
Romanesque church of San Michele (11th-12th century), with squat Bell Tower; Has a structure with three naves. Inside is the painting of the Annunciation built by Pietrafesa and others portrayed as a fresco depicting the enthroned Virgin and child with Saints bishops dating from the XVI century. A precious wooden crucifix of 1600.
The National Library's exhibition gallery of power has permanently the works of American artist of Italian origin Albert Friscia (New York, 1911-1989 in Rome), donated to the library itself from the wife of the artist.
96 paintings are exhibited, 65 bronze sculptures and marble and kinetic works made 10 between 1935 and 1989, testifying to the multifaceted activities of an artist constantly looking for new forms of expression, to which you must important works such as the bronze door of Chicago's Cathedral narthex, the monument to "the fluidity of communication" in the courtyard of the postal M
The Museum, housed in the prestigious Palazzo Loffredo, presents to the public the results of the important research conducted in Basilicata North and, at the same time, is the showcase of the complex reality of an archaeological region that has been a privileged place of encounter between people of different culture and lineage. The Museum is divided on two levels according to a chronological and territorial policy which offers the visitor the archaeological framework of the entire region, from the Greek colonization until the Roman conquest, with a focus on land power. Particular attention i
The Museum is housed in a structured property on five levels. The ground floor and the second floor hosts temporary exhibitions about various issues; the first floor houses a permanent archaeological exhibition that illustrates the location of cultural time three major forms of settlement of ancient Lucania (Enotri, Greeks, Lucani) from the archaic age to the romanization; on the first floor you will find the underground deposit of archaeological material owned by the Museum.
The Diocesan Museum, housed in the Hall on the ground floor of the building of the former 17th-century Seminary, opened to the public recently, is to those who visit, an important opportunity to ' recognize ', through the works, the main features that distinguish the artistic culture of our region and the history of the diocese from telling of potentina mediated micro history of each individual good.
The Museum presents, in this first exhibition, furniture and sacred objects of the Cathedral and some parishes of the city: works from the 16th to the 20th century.
Sacred silver objects from the Ca
Charming small square surrounded by buildings, connected by stairs to Via Pretoria, on the one hand, to the underlying Via del Popolo. It was once called Largo or Trinity Port Tabara.
La Piazzetta has preserved, in part, the ancient commercial; but in summer turns into cultural space, hosting film festivals and musical events.