Admire the most beautiful places of Brindisi and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
The base has a crypt (shrine) in the shape of the hull, and bows in the shape of a cone, the altar and the statue of the Virgin "star of the sea". On the walls are the names of the roughly 6,000 sailors who fell in the great war and 33,900 sailors fallen of World War II. The square top of the monument are located dueancore belonging to the austro-Hungarian ships "Tegetthoff" and "Viribus Unitis", symbols of victories by the Italian Navy in 1918 and two cannons belonging to the austro-Hungarian submarine. On the port side, right and left, there are high walls depicting the sides of a ship, acce
The Roman columns of Brindisi is a monument located at the city's port. Originally there were two twin columns, unique architectural landscape of antiquity. As such were depicted since the 14th century as the emblem of the city. Following the collapse of one of the two columns in 1528, the monument remained incomplete.
Meanwhile nel1657 the plague began to sow death in the Kingdom of Naples, but fortunately did not touch the Terra d'Otranto. In Lecce, where he believed there was an intercession of St. Horace, the people wanted to build a monument to the Patron Saint and the Mayor of Brindisi Ca
The alfonsino Castle (also known as Castel Rosso, from the color of the blocks of carparo used in its construction, or Sea Castle) is a fortified work built on St. Andrew's Island, at the mouth of the outer harbour of Brindisi. The castle is adjacent to the Fort at sea, whose construction began in 1558, lasted 46 years.
The building originates, at least in its original nucleus, in 1565 the owner is Nicholas Granafei. The building has a Renaissance style with some Baroque influences, particularly evident in the balconies.
On the main façade there are also decorations and Windows, different from one another, and the portal that presents the coat of arms, a lion rampant, which bears an ear of corn (granum fert) that alludes to the supposed etymology of the surname.
Located in the Centre of the city is currently preserved below the Teatro Comunale g. Verdi and represents a quarter of the Roman city crossed by a paved road with remains of domus with mosaic floors and spa facility with the remains of living quarters, road and spa facility (late 1st century BC – late ancient age).
The Church of San Giovanni al Sepolcro (also known as Church of the Holy Sepulchre and the Tomb Temple) is a Romanesque church located in the historic centre of Brindisi, closed for worship, but open to the public with guided tours.
Some scholars have suggested that the Church may have been built by the Templars
The Pontifical basilica of Brindisi Cathedral or duomo di Brindisi obasilica visitation and St. John the Baptist was consecrated dalpapa Urban II in 1089 and completed in 1143. The Cathedral was heavily damaged by the earthquake of 1743 and rebuilt, then underwent several renovations. The Romanesque basilical plan remained