Cái Bè is a small village that still retains its natural beauty, busy river system, tasty food, and hospitable people. You can’t talk about Cái Bè without talking about its floating market and abundance of delicious tropical fruits. Highlight of the day is to cruise among the boats coming from all areas of the Delta, and to cycle along the trails, returning the friendly smiles and waves of local children.
Pick-up time is between 7:30am - 8:00am at hotels in District 1; and drive 2,5 hours to Cái Bè. We will stop along the way for refreshments and toilet.
- Upon arrival, we will visit a flea market before cruising along a vast network of canals and channels to enjoy wonderful views of the Mekong River. Stop by a house-boat at the floating market for having fresh fruits, and see how locals do their business on water.
- In your visits to some local cottage industries you can see a coconut candy workshop, try some snake wine, learn how to make pop-rice, or witness the process of making rice paper.
- Cross to the other side of the Mekong River to a famous island named Tân Phong. Here we visit a tropical fruit garden, listen to Vietnamese traditional music, and slowly enjoy getting in touch with local life by taking a hand-rowing sampan.
- Lunch will be served at a local house. Your host will show you a cooking demonstration and challenge yourself with cooking a traditional Vietnamese dish and enjoy your wonderful lunch afterwards.
- After that, we can choose to take a rest at the house or take a cycling tour about 30 minutes around the village, this will give you a fantastic way to experience local life.
Get back to the house, say goodbye to your hosts and drive back to Hồ Chí Minh City. We drop you at your hotel or somewhere in District 1 as request. End of services.