Understanding the desire of many tourists to visit tranquil villages by the Mekong River - we highly recommend this package to Bến Tre town. This is different from the other Mekong tours. You won’t see many tourists around, you are not in rush to follow the itinerary. Instead, you will enjoy every moment of touching on real life by easy cycling along green fields, riding in a hand-rowed sampan cooled by gentle southern breezes, or having a tasty coconut juice under the sunlight of this tropical land.
We pick you up at your hotel about 8am and transfer about 2 hours to Bến Tre town. Upon arrival, we board a motor-boat on one of the tributaries of the Mekong River, sightseeing lively activities along the way. Your visits include:
* Brick kilns: They rise up in clusters of beehive-shaped structures that churn out millions of bricks each year in handy traditional style. They offer a fascinating glimpse at a local industry.
* Coconut-processing workshop: Witness step-by-step how to make coconut candy and coconut oil; enjoy some candies, and coconut juice.
* Visit to a local family, see where they make traditional mats and enjoy some fruits and tea. It is a chance to interact with local people to know more about rural life.
* Take a motor cart or cycle ride on shady roads, pass by green fields and vegetable plantations and find out about tropical culture from the villagers.
* A 5-course lunch served at a riverside restaurant with specialties such as elephant-ear fish, spring rolls… you can also request in advance if you are vegetarian, you have food allergies or you observe Halal.
* Hand-rowing sampan: Enjoy what local people offer as they hand-row your sampan along the shady, breezy canal. We drive back to Sài Gòn and drop you at your hotel about 5pm.