The Mekong Delta is the southernmost region of Vietnam. It is often referred to as the rice bowl of Vietnam as it produces three harvests per year. The fertile Mekong Delta is also famous for its tropical fruits and flowers. The delta area marks the end of a 4,500km journey made by the Mekong River after having traveled through six countries.
Pick-up Time: between 8:30am - 09:00am at hotels located in District 1; and drive 1,5 hours to Mỹ Tho. We will stop along the way for refreshments and toilet.
- Upon arrival, we board a motor-boat and cruise along a vast network of canals and channels to enjoy wonderful views of the Mekong River, including four famous islands “Dragon, Unicorn, Turtle and Phoenix”.
- Stop at one of the floating fish houses, in nets and wire baskets under their house, the villagers cultivate freshwater fish and shrimp - a major export product of the region.
- Cross the River to the other side, you will stop at a traditional workshop to witness a step-by-step process on how to make coconut candy, honey farming… while trying some yourself and listening to traditional music.
- Enjoy what local people offer by hand rowing a sampan along the shady, breezy canal. We will transfer to local transportation called Xe Lôi to travel throughout the villages.
- Lunch will be served at a riverside restaurant with a Vietnamese 5-course set menu. Please request in advance if you have a food allergy, you are a vegetarian, or you observe Halal.
- Take a rest after lunch before boarding the motor-boat back to Mỹ Tho. We drive to Vĩnh Tràng pagoda, an ancient southern architectural gem built in the middle of the 19th century. There are many Buddha statues including some that are over a hundred years old.
We drive another 1,5 hours back to Hồ Chí Minh city and drop you at your hotel or somewhere in District 1 on request. End of services.
***Please note that timing and itinerary are subject to change without notice. However, we will do everything we reasonably can to make sure everything goes according to plan.