This 8-hour guided Tibetan encounter tour is a unique opportunity to spend a day in a local Tibetan communities inside Pokhara Valley with a genuine Tibetan guide. Learn about their rich Tibetan culture such as Buddhism, medicine, arts and crafts, history, and their struggles as refugee in Nepal. Tibetan food and drink provided.
Departure: 05:30 a.m.
Return: Around 1or 2 p.m. We provide pick up and drop services to and from your hotel.
Our tours are not private. Usually we get 2 to 3 people in a group. But we also accept other guests, if they are also interested to join with our group.
Since Saturday is our weekend in Nepal, therefore our Tibetan carpet workshop is closed but our carpet showroom will be open. On Tuesday, Friday & Sunday, our Tibetan doctor is not available therefore we can’t meet our Tibetan doctor.Program includes:
- Visit the monastery and attend the morning group pooja (prayer chanting) with the monks and hear the horns, drums, conch shell, trumpet, bell etc used during the prayer.
- Enjoy Tibetan breakfast in a local family, where you will get a taste of Tibetan foods like, tsampa (Roasted barley flour), butter tea and Tibetan bread.
- Meet a Buddhist monk and learn about their monastic life and their daily studies and activities in the monastery.
- Discover the arts and crafts of the Tibetan Plateau – and learn how Tibetan people introduced and make Tibetan carpets in the settlements.
- Learn about the symbols and images that are so important in their daily life.
- Meet a Tibetan doctor and learn basic knowledge about Tibetan medicine and its treatment. Have a first hand experience of a medical check up from a Tibetan doctor.
- Visit settlement photo gallery and learn how Tibetan settlements were established in the early 60’s.
- Learn about Tibetan schools, kindergarten and our educational system in the Tibetan settlements. But we are sorry to say that outsiders are not allowed to visit inside the school and kindergarten.
- Enjoy simple Tibetan momos & thenthuk in a local Tibetan restaurants inside the settlement in the afternoon.