Discover the beauties of Chania in a fun and non-conventional way on a 3 & a half hour guided bike tour. This tour explores widely Chania coast from east Halepa area till west Nea Chora area- a landscape view of Chania.
Chania Bike Tours offers an easy paced eco-friendly bike tour of Chania’s fair city and surrounding areas with local guides to show you the magnificent sights. Length:
12km / 7.5 miles / Duration
: 3 &1/2 hours / Difficulty level:
The price includes:
- A quality Touring bike
- Tour leader
- Historical info through audio guide system available in EN, ES, FR, DE, IT, NO, RU, GR.
- Bottle of water
- Ice cream break
is the Segway Office located in 25, Chrisanthou Episkopou street, in Chania Old city.
Join Chania Exploration Bike Tour and we’ll take you by bike to many points of interest around Chania with lots of photo opportunities. You’ll be filled in on local info past & present, with plenty of laughs along the way. Our bike tours are an informative, unique way to see the beautiful Chania.
Meeting Point is the Segway Office located in 25, Chrisanthou Episkopou street, in Chania Old city.
Departure time : 9:00 a.m. ( please be at the office 15' prior your tour)
A landscape view of Chania city.
Tour route :
- From the west the Nea Chora -a picturesque harbor and a sandy beach-whose name means New Country,
- Old city and Harbor,
- Kum Kapi (Turkish name preserved “Gate of Sand”),
- Halepa the east side-famous as the scene of the most important political events in 19th-century Crete, a visit to a graphical beautiful beach where you will enjoy your ice cream
- Furthermore to the north-east of the old town of Chania, the Splantzia district.
Along the way you hear through the audio guide system the historical information
about the monuments
The Municipal Market of Chania, The Cathedral of the Presentation of the Virgin Mary (Trimartiri), Franciscan Monastery of Aghios Fragkiskos, The Jewish Synagogue (or “Ovriaki”), The Venetian Walls, Nea Chora – The Beach of Chania, The Egyptian Lighthouse, The Navy Museum, The “Firka” Fortress, Giali Tzamisi, The Byzantine Wall, The Grand Arsenal, The Venetian “Neoria”, The Gate and Rampart Sabbionara, Koum Kapi, Halepa, The Holy Temple of Aghia Magdalene, Aghia Ekaterini, Splantzia, The Dominican Temple of Aghios Nikolaos – Hiougkar Tzamisi (the Mosque of ‘Igemonas’),The Temple of Aghios Rokkos, The Proto-Minoan Settlement of Kasteli, The Temple of Aghios Eleftherios.