A fully guided tour of the Duomo, the museum, the Baptistery and ticket for the Cupola (dome) and the Campanile, Giotto's bell-tower.
This guided tour, lasting roughly two and a half hours, will give you a privileged insight into the history and the majesty of this incredible concentration of wonders. Group size will never be more than 15 people, all tours are in English, include all entrance tickets and your tour guide, and start at either 9:15 AM or 2:00 PM. The tour runs on most days except Sundays
- the Battistero di San Giovanni (Baptistery) - a building that strongly influenced Mediaeval and Renaissance architecture
- the Duomo di Firenze (Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore) - with a detailed description of the interior and exterior
- the excavations of the ancient Cathedral of Santa Reparata - on whose site the Duomo was built
- the Museo dell'Opera del Duomo (Cathedral museum) with many important sculptures
- Ghiberti's 'Gates of Paradise'
- tickets to climb Giotto's Campanile (bell tower) and spectacular views of Florence from Brunelleschi's Dome.
Tickets to climb the Campanile and see the Dome are at a fixed time and cannot be changed. This will normally be at 12:30 PM if you have taken the morning tour, or at 5:30 PM if you have taken the afternoon tour. Occasionally these might be slightly later (1 PM or 6 PM) especially in the case of last minute bookings.
Please also note that since the tour includes a visit to religious buildings there is a strict dress code - please do not wear shorts, sleeveless tee-shirts or other inappropriate clothing or you may be denied entry.