Enjoy unique Kiwi experiences on this small group tour to the geothermal heartland of New Zealand - Rotorua. Visit the Agrodome and see the famous Farm Show. Visit Te Puia to see Pohutu Geyser, pools of bubbling mud, a Maori concert including the haka, artisans at work with flax and wood, the kiwi bird and take a look at some iconic Rotorua scenery. View kiwifruit hanging on the vines as you pass through Te Puke - the home of New Zealand's kiwifruit industry.
Great for kids big and small, Te Puia and the Agrodome are 2 of the most cherished attractions in Rotorua – New Zealand’s cultural and geothermal hub.
Travelling with the best team in the business - not only will you visit Te Puia (Rotorua’s premium geothermal and cultural centre), but also the Agrodome – home to New Zealand’s iconic sheep and farm show experience.
- See geysers explode high into the air, and bubbling mudpools simmer away. You will only get those iconic photos at Te Puia where you are up close and personal with many of the geothermal features.
- Experience an awe-inspiring cultural performance from local Maori. The 45 minute concert includes a powhiri (welcome) onto the Marae (meeting house), as well as traditional songs and dances. You will see the famous Haka (war dance) - guaranteed to send a shiver down your spine!
- Spot the elusive kiwi in the nocturnal enclosure. These shy birds are our national icon and are now endangered.
- Watch craftsmen and women learn their trade in the carving and weaving schools.
- See 19 breeds of very well behaved sheep at the famous sheep show. If you're lucky you may even be asked to milk a cow or feed the lambs on stage.
- Learn about farming in New Zealand, and enjoy a farm dog demonstration.
- Pet baby farm animals in the nursery.
- A visit to a kiwifruit orchard to see how this quintessential New Zealand icon is grown.
- A tour of Rotorua’s interesting city centre – including famous landmarks such as Govt Gardens, the Bath House, Blue Baths and the lakefront.
Our team has been delivering world-class Shore Excursions for over 16 years. It all started with owner Ian - one man and a beloved Rolls Royce car. Today, the number of vehicles and tours has changed, but the philosophy hasn’t – every customer is treated like one of the family, and we will make sure you have an unforgettable day. We have over 100 years combined tour guiding experience so you know you are in capable hands (and if you’re lucky you may even get to travel with Ian – he still loves to get behind the wheel!).A friendly representative will always be there to meet you at the port. Travel in a modern, air conditioned vehicle with a passionate local as your host. We specialise in small groups to allow an intimate and personalised experience. Every tour is guided and commentated from start to finish - our guides delight in showing off our little corner of the world. And, we guarantee to have you back to the ship on time!