Make the most of your time on this 6 hour highlights small-group guided tour. Visit historic sites, enjoy scenic stops and ride the famous cable car. You will see and learn more about Wellington and be taken to places the coach tours cannot reach with our passionate local guide.
Welcome to the ‘Coolest Little Capital in the World’ – Wellington. Take a wonderful 6 hour tour of this compact and very scenic part of the world.
Experience the best parts of the city with your bona-fide local guide. You will delight in exploring the hills, bays and beaches that the big coaches can’t always get to.
- Enter breathtaking Old St Pauls Cathedral, crafted from fine New Zealand timber in the 1860’s. We will even cover the donation entry fee for you.
- Ride the iconic Wellington Cable Car. The views from the top are stunning! Your fare is included in the tour.
- Coast along Oriental Parade then enjoy 360 degree views of the city from atop Mt Victoria. You can’t beat Wellington on a good day!
- Visit the grounds of Parliament and get a photo of The Beehive – home to the offices of our politicians.
- Drive through ‘Wellywood’ where we stop at Weta Cave – home to the props department renowned for famous movies including Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, King Kong and more. Please note - unfortunately we don’t have time for the Weta Workshop tour.
- See a real Oscar statuette at the Roxy Cinema, plus drive past the studios and green screen stages where many movies are made.
- Visit the national museum of New Zealand – Te Papa Tongarewa. Spend an hour exploring the amazing displays (and it’s free!).
- Soak up the sun (hopefully) next to the seaside at our lunch stop (extra cost).
Our team has been delivering world-class Shore Excursions for over 16 years. It all started with owner Ian - one man and a beloved Rolls Royce car.
Today, the number of vehicles and tours has changed, but the philosophy hasn’t – every customer is treated like one of the family, and we will make sure you have an unforgettable day. We have over 100 years combined tour guiding experience so you know you are in capable hands (and if you’re lucky you may even get to travel with Ian – he still loves to get behind the wheel!).
Travel in a modern, air conditioned vehicle with a passionate local as your host. We specialise in small groups to allow an intimate and personalised experience. Every tour is guided and commentated from start to finish - our guides delight in showing off our little corner of the world. And, we guarantee to have you back to the ship on time!