See and do what you want at your own pace upon your cruise ships arrival at the Port of Tauranga. Book a 6-hour private tour vehicle with your own professional and friendly guide for a day out exploring Rotorua, Hobbiton or wherever else you fancy going. No need to share with others, travel at your own pace and do what you want to do. This private tour is especially great for families or groups. Different size vehicles are available with a minimum of 6 hours hire. Your guide can book entry to attractions on your behalf (subject to availability) leaving you a worry free day to just enjoy the scenery and creating memories with friends and family.
Why not treat yourself and book your very own private driver/guide for the day. Explore the Bay of Plenty region on your own schedule. You will be travelling with one of the most experienced guides with Tauranga’s most experienced Shore Excursion operator.
Get a group together, bring the family, or just treat yourself to your own private tour – you won’t be disappointed. Best of all – the vehicle is just for you and you travel at your own pace. Choose your own itinerary or simply get recommendations from our expert guides on the day.
Please remember that the hire is for 6 hours, but you can extend your time with us if you wish. Attraction entry fees aren’t included in the rate, but we are happy to help pre-arrange your itinerary and book your attractions. If you are planning to visit Hobbiton then you will definitely need to book in advance – again we are happy to help with this.
Within your 6 hour tour you could:
- See the natural sights of Rotorua, including the stunning lakes, mountains and forests of the area. Visit the Redwood Forest, see the Blue and Green Lakes and Mt Tarawera.
- Escape the crowds from the ship and explore Tauranga and the surrounding areas. Have a leisurely lunch by the beach or soak up the history and scenery of some of the local gorges.
- Visit Hobbiton (entry fees additional) – the area’s most visited attraction. Here, Tolkein’s Middle Earth is bought to life!
- See the geysers, Maori culture and unique landscapes of Rotorua’s geothermal valley (entry fees may apply).
- Try out some of the other fun attractions Rotorua has to offer. Maybe you want to see Skyline Gondola and Luge, or the famous Agrodome Sheep Show. There’s Rainbow Springs to see native wildlife, or even mudbathing at Hells Gate. Remember attraction entry fees are not included.
- Anything else you fancy! Check with us what is possible in the timeframe so that we can make your day amazing…
Our team has been delivering world-class Shore Excursions for over 16 years. It all started with owner Ian - one man and a beloved Rolls Royce car.
Today, the number of vehicles and tours has changed, but the philosophy hasn’t – every customer is treated like one of the family, and we will make sure you have an unforgettable day. We have over 100 years combined tour guiding experience so you know you are in capable hands (and if you’re lucky you may even get to travel with Ian – he still loves to get behind the wheel!).
Travel in a modern, air conditioned vehicle with a passionate local as your host. We specialise in small groups to allow an intimate and personalised experience. And, we guarantee to have you back to the ship on time!